TITLE: Lesson Plan ThreeIntroduction: Creating developmentally appropriate lesson requires interaction with all of the teaching staff. Use input from your classroom team of teachersThe Assignment:
- Create a developmentally appropriate lesson plan based on children’s interests and supported with learning outcomes from the age-appropriate NC Standard.
- Use the attached forms to complete the plans, there is an attached PowerPoint and audio file to assist you.
- The plan must be approved by your supervising teacher before you set up a date to teach it in your classroom
Grading CriteriaThe summary is graded on a 100 point scale; it is worth 5% of your overall class grade.
Maximum points are given as follows (see the attached rubric for specific details)
- 10 points for study topic that is developmentally appropriate
- 10 points for materials and supplies that support learning
- 10 points for listing specific Developmental Indicators.
- 10 points Group Time, Story Time, Small Group Activity is developmentally appropriate and supports learning.
- 10 points for Goals listed from NC Foundations for Early Learning and Development.
- 10 points Lesson Plan Form 1 materials list is complete and items support learning.
- 10 points activities support the Goals and Developmental Indicators listed.
- 10 points for Extension activities are appropriate and detailed.
- 10 points for 3 open ended questions that support deeper learning.
- 10 points for spelling and grammar.
Read attached Power Point slides for detailed infromation.See sample forms under Resources>Useful Links for this Class>Lesson Planning Assistance.
NC Foundations for Early Learning and Development NCFELD