Module 4 Discussion: Humanistic Theory
Carl Rogers was one of the founders of the humanistic approach. Humanistic psychology helps individuals gain the belief that people are good, have free will, and positive human potential. Watch the video, Person-Centered Therapy Role Play (located in this module). Then complete the Empathy Scale using the Empathy Scale Worksheet. Next, answer the following:
- Do you think that Rogers’ theory holds true for all people? Why or why not?
- Do you think people are genuinely good? Why or why not?
- Thinking about empathy, how do you think that you are empathetic towards others?
- How do you think you are empathetic towards yourself?
- Provide an example of a time that you or someone else displayed empathy. What was that experience like?
You must start a thread before you can read and reply to other threads