Week 9 6090
· American Psychiatric Association. (2013r). Trauma- and stressor-related disorders. In Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Arlington, VA: Author. doi:10.1176/appi.books.9780890425596.dsm07
· American Psychiatric Association. (2013f). Dissociative disorders. In Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Arlington, VA: Author. doi:10.1176/appi.books.9780890425596.dsm08
- Powers, A., Fani, N., Cross, D., Ressler, K. J., & Bradley, B. (2016). Childhood trauma, PTSD, and psychosis: Findings from a highly traumatized, minority sample. Child Abuse & Neglect, 58, 111–118.
- Schnyder, U., Ehlers, A., Elbert, T., Foa, E. B., Gersons, B. P. R., Resick, P. A., … Cloitre, M. (2015). Psychotherapies for PTSD: What do they have in common? European Journal of Psychotraumatology, 6(1), 281–286. doi:10.3402/ejpt.v6.28186
- Smith, J. C., Hyman, S. M., Andres-Hyman, R. C., Ruiz, J. J., & Davidson, L. (2016). Applying recovery principles to the treatment of trauma. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 47(5), 347–355. doi:10.1037/pro0000105
- Document: The Case Jake Levy (PDF) Media
- Laureate Education (Producer). (2014). Sessions: Levy family, episode 1 [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. (2017). PE—Prolonged
exposure: A safe place. Retrieved from
Note: On this page, watch the following videos about veteran Frederick M. Gantt’s experience with prolonged exposure therapy for PTSD.
o “I had to make a decision”
o “What am I running from?”
o “I could see it in color”
o “The Middle Eastern restaurant” o “I’m in a safe place”
Trauma and Comorbidity
Post by Day 5 a 3- to 5-minute recorded video response in which
you address the following:
· Provide the full DSM-5 diagnosis for Jake. Remember, a full diagnosis should include the name of the disorder, ICD-10-CM code, specifiers, severity, and the Z codes (other conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention). Keep in mind a diagnosis covers the most recent 12 months.
· Explain the diagnosis by matching the symptoms identified in the case to the specific criteria for the diagnosis.
· Explain how Jake’s social worker approached his treatment and whether or not it was successful.
· Identify the first area of focus you would address as Jake’s social worker, and explain your specific treatment
recommendations. Support your recommendations with research.
· Explain how you would manage Jake’s diverse needs, including his co-occurring disorders.
· Describe a treatment plan for Jake, including how you would evaluation his treatment.
Support your post with specific references to the resources. Be sure to provide full APA citations for your references.