Case Study: A System Approach Review the case study in the article, Texas Health Harris Methodist-Cleburne: A System Approach to Surgical Improvement (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. After reviewing the case study, construct a written paper that addresses the following: •Explain organizational theories evidenced in this case study. •Analyze how Texas Health Harris Methodist-Cleburne is a learning organization. •Explain the organizational structure displayed in this case study. •Describe the leaders involved in this case study. •Discusses the role of the leaders in this case study. Including an introduction and conclusion paragraph, your paper must be three to five double-spaced pages (excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Including the textbook, utilize a minimum of three (one of which is the case study article used for review) scholarly and/or peer-reviewed sources from the Ashford University Library that were published within the last five years. Document all references in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center APA Checklist (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. it is do tomorrow at midnight. Can you please let me know. I will appreciate your help.
TOPIC: Write an original research report consisting of one of the following topic areas: 1) Traditional Hierarchy organization; 2) Holacratic organizations 3) Virtual Organizations, 4) Network Organizations, 5) Spin-out Organizations, 6) Ambidextrous Organizations, 7) Front-Back Organizations, 8) Sense and Response Organizations.
1. The final Research Report has a due date of 4/15/2018.
2. This assignment is worth 100 points (20% of the course grade).
3. The assignment must be submitted via the associated assignment queue located in Moodle.
4. Each student submission will be checked for plagiarism. Warning… Turnitin has a very good historical memory and is capable of accessing reports from both internal and external resources (i.e. Universities, Governments, etc.) including those originally written in non-English languages.
5. Only one submission attempt is permitted – BE SURE BEFORE YOU HIT ENTER. Plagiarism will result in a grade of zero (non-negotiable) for the assignment and may results in other university actions. The department chairperson will be notified of the violation. Additional CU penalties may be applicable. Please see class syllabus for additional details.
6. Acceptable file formats for submissions include Microsoft Word (doc, docx) or Adobe Acrobat (PDF). No other formats are acceptable.
7. The research paper must be at least 2,500 words supported by evidence (citations from peer-reviewed sources).
8. A minimum of four (4) peer-reviewed journal citations are required.
9. Formatting should be double-spaced, one-inch boarders, no extra space for headings, no extra white space, no more than two levels of heading, page numbers, front and back matter (do not count for page count).
10.Extra white space use to enhance page count will negatively affect student grade.
11.Focus for the research paper:
a. Describe, compare / contrast, and evaluate two (2) organizational types as previously listed. Supporting evidence must be provided via Case Studies found in peer-reviewed journals (URLs, technical journals, and internet articles are NOT permitted).
b. The implementation of the first organizational type you selected from previously listed, that was essentially successful
c. The implementation of the first organizational type you selected from previously listed, that had significant “challenges”
d. The implementation of the second organizational type you selected from previously listed, that was essentially successful
e. The implementation of the second organizational type you selected from previously listed, that had significant “challenges”
f. Perform a comparative analysis of items “b”, “c”, “d”, and “e” as above.
g. Be sure to include your analysis, synthesis, and evaluation of the two organizational types selected. Student submissions must be anchor in peer reviewed literature.Opinions are not evidence and this do not count…
12.As a graduate student, you are expected to be proficient in the use of the English language. . As your professor, I will not provide remedial help for writing problems. If you are unable to write clearly and correctly, I urge you to contact the program office for sources of remedial help.
13.Please refer to the BA634 class syllabus for additional details.
Some students have asked for a sample or recommended outline. While I cannot provide samples of previous work, I have provided a general outline that you may refer to. The outline below may only be used as a very general guide and is “NOT” a subject that can be selected. Also, keep in mind the research paper needs to be scholarly and derived from peer-reviewed literature. Citations are required.
The following outline (unrelated to the subject matter of the research report) may help in your understanding of the research report via analysis & synthesis.
a) Introduce the 2 DB implementations plans. Add history and relative significance of each consumer and DB products.
b) One implementation should be a database that was essentially successful.
c) The second implementation should be a database that had significant “challenges”.
d) What type of research papers was used (case study, empirical, etc.)?
2) Describe, compare/contrast, and evaluate two (2) database – ANALYSIS
a) What is the problem driving the implementation? What is ‘going wrong’ or what ‘problem’ was expected to be addressed?
b) What were the implementation requirements
ii) Project requirements
iii) DB requirements
iv) Planed resources & time expectations
c) What were the risks and impact if the implementation failed?
3) Provide a SYNTHESIS of the 2-implementation plans.
a) What specific issues addressed by article X were also addressed in article Y, and how do they compare?
b) What issues addressed by article X (or Y) may have been addressed by an alternate solution?
a) What does your evidence show?
a) What make one DB implementation a success and the other have significant challenges?
b) What mitigating factors were, or should have been, considered?
a) Future investigation
7) Reference List
I need my government police officers to serve me stay to, who took on the blood contract for code blue when they stole my one of a kind sword from my street grandpa Mooris Heart. Which is the name of the UW study on me at DESC. What do you think about that abuse of power? And Adam Weaver not not perceiving me meds anymore. I do not have to be on med monitoring. Also, I am a teacher at Columbia Cainbridge University.
The oral tradition. Since 2000. I am a professor. Just go check my face book, on philosophy of communication and medical, including sage philosophy. Which is what the healthcare is called at DESC, a undercover prison, and consentration camp that I dare any country to rescue me from. Plus UW started printing money, because of me? I need my secret service for my government. The UW has to work for me. That’s what my dreams say. Are you studying dream are you using me as a subject?
The UW taught me that interpersonal communication is family, and that is bull shit and illegal. Now all I hear is them running my mind. That is illegal and stops now. I only communicate with myself. I told them to stop studying me now. Confirm you work for me or you are in deep trouble stealing my info. I will draft you and all your staff and the pope agrees with me.94
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ initial postings. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Cite sources in your responses to other classmates. Complete your participation for this assignment by the end of week..
Making Strategy: Information Chaos versus Opportunity
In this assignment, you will discuss the ideas of discipline and imagination in relation to making strategy with emerging technologies. Using the case study of the challenge of information chaos and what you learned from your Week 3 readings, you will explore the application of scenario planning and discuss pertinent emerging technologies that could be considered to tackle this challenge.
From the Internet, read the following article:
On the basis of your reading, address the following:
- Discuss the application of the idea of disciplined imagination in making strategy to the topic in the article.
- What pertinent and specific domains of knowledge and technologies could be considered in addressing the topic in the article? Discuss how such technologies could be employed to seek solutions to the main problem discussed in the article.
- Discuss the application of scenario planning to the topic in the article with the objective of addressing the complex and uncertain challenges mentioned.
- Examine mechanisms that could be used to address the appropriation of gains from innovation in the context of the article.
In this assignment, you will examine a news report on scientific studies of the Colorado River water crisis. We will follow the same approach and the same questions that you learned to use in the Science Tool Kit activities in previous modules. In this assignment, you will take these questions and create an essay in which you can show your ability to more deeply examine the problem and the reporting, as well as the science behind the news story.
Completing this activity will assist you in mastering Module Level Outcome 3 and 4.
Next, submit the following:
You will write an essay of 1000+ words (4 pages), not including a title page and a reference page. Each of the following questions should be addressed in your essay and supported with both quotations and paraphrasing from multiple sources you have been given in the module on this topic and that you locate through the EC Library.
- What is the source of the scientific information in the Arizona Daily Star article by Tony Davis?
- Discuss the expertise of the scientists (and others) involved in the study discussed by Davis.
- What alternative views does Mr. Davis discuss? What do these viewpoints say in contrast to the initial study he examined in his article? Would you say, based on this information, that the study examined by Mr. Davis is accurate, reliable, and unbiased?
- Compare and contrast the information in this Arizona Daily Star article with the information in the module readings and any additional material you may have found about this complex issue. Where does the Daily Star article agree and disagree with your other sources, and why?
- Who are the major stakeholders in the conflicting demands on the Colorado River source? Does Mr. Davis discuss them all fairly? Is one group overlooked; if so, who, and what is their interest in the Colorado River water?
- What possible solutions to this problem are discussed in Mr. Davis’ article? Are there other solutions you have found? Describe these possible solutions.
Resources and Reminders:
You are also encouraged to do your own research through our library on the topic. Do not forget to include in-text citations and complete APA style references for all sources
Week Two Discussion: Versailles, Velázquez, and Rubens–Please answer all of the questions listed below–
- Versailles contains symbols of power and absolute monarchy. Pick a feature of the palace you admire and explain how you would use this as a setting for a computer program or game. What would happen in this setting? Who would be featured in the game (the king? the queen? noblemen?). Use the text as a source and research on line for a computer program to discuss. Consider the gardens, Hall of Mirrors, the layout of the palace itself, the furniture, the number of rooms, and paintings. Here is a link to a website that discusses how to design a game: http://www.gameskinny.com/yljvh/how-to-make-a-game-a-beginners-guide
- As part of your post this week, give us the name of your selection for Assignment One and explain why you chose that one. There are writings by Descartes, Voltaire, Swift, or Dickens ( choose only one author and selection).
- Reading selection from Descartes’ Discourse on the Method (Part IV). Descartes begins with a proof of one basic conclusion and ends with a proof of something much grander. Remember to focus on the surprise and point of realization, not the details of the philosophical argument. Read Part IV of the Discourse on the Method located at http://www.earlymoderntexts.com/assets/pdfs/descartes1637.pdf (then scroll down to Part 4, pp. 14-18). This is only four or five (4 or 5) pages of the larger work.
- Reading selection of Swift’s A Modest Proposal. It is essential to recognize the genre of this work, as discussed in our class text, which you should consult and cite. Swift promotes a radical solution, but subtle options are mentioned. You are looking for surprise and a point of realization. Read and focus on A Modest Proposal located at http://www.victorianweb.org/previctorian/swift/modest.html.
- Two (2) reading selections from Voltaire’s Candide. Consider how these readings start and end in terms of the action and the beliefs. You are looking for surprise and a point of realization. These selections can be found on pp. 840-841 in the textbook. In addition, consult the class text at pp. 824-825.
- Assignment 1: Essay (additional topic choice) Dickens and Social Criticism: What Price Progress?
Chose one of the four reading selections by Charles Dickens from the textbook, as listed below, then answer the questions posted in week four (see assignment one tab).
- Old Curiosity Shop, p. 922.
- Sketches by Boz, p. 923.
- Dombey and Son, p. 927.
- Hard Times, p. 928-29.
Credibility and Influence
- Credibility and influence are vital components for success as a performance consultant as well as successful completion of any consulting project. Use the “Client Capabilities and Commitment” Assessment on p. 97 – 98 in the Field Book. Upon completing the Client Assessment, utilize the If-Then Chart on p. 99 to write a two (2) page report on your client’s readiness.
- Be sure to write your paper in a format that directs your plan to the company. Why will this plan help the organization? Use outside resources to back up your strategy.
Your paper should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Please include citations to support your ideas.
Be sure to continue working on your final project this week. Though there is nothing due this week for your project, you should still be putting some time and effort into it so that it does not become overwhelming as you get closer to the final week of the course.
Read Week two Reading and Answer one of the following(350-500 Words):
- Discuss the claim that it is merely arrogant to judge other cultures’ moral practices, and that we should tolerate what other cultures do within the context of their own societies. Does arrogance imply that something is incorrect? Can we talk about such a thing as moral progress, within our culture or others, without being guilty of this? And even if we are being arrogant, does that make it wrong?
- Discuss the claim that there are no universal moral truths. What do you think people mean by “universal” in this sense? Consider what our readings have to say about this.
- In moral theory, subjectivism is the idea that what we call “right” and “wrong” is no more than simple personal preference. Write your original post–describing the pros and cons to accepting subjectivism. Why might it be desirable if subjectivism were true (the positive side of subjectivism)? And why might it be undesirable if subjectivism were true (the down side of subjectivism)?
- Use ONE of the following examples to illustrate your discussion.
- Abby comes home later than expected. She’s trying to decide if she should lie to her parents about the reason.
- Bob likes to pull the wings off of living butterflies. He wants to try pulling the wings off of living birds to see if he enjoys that, too.
- Carla disapproves of unmarried couples having sex. She considers lobbying for strong laws to punish people for sex outside of marriage.
Read Week three Reading and Answer one of the following(350-500 Words):
Answer one of the following:
- Consider this question: “Can a person be good without religious faith?” For example, if someone is certain that no one would ever find out, what prevents them from lying in order to get what they want? If they don’t believe that God will punish them for “bad” behavior, what is to prevent them from doing it? Explain clearly your reasons for saying yes or no to the question. Are these reasons that all rational people should accept? Why or why not?
- One of the things that makes ethical egoism such an attractive theory at first glance is that it seems to describe the way we act anyway; this is also sometimes known as psychological egoism. Think of a time that you did something that may have been considered morally praiseworthy, but where your motivation was your own self-interest. You actually have to have benefited from this action. Would you say that what you did was morally praiseworthy? If not, does thinking about egoism change your mind? Why or why not?
- Singer strongly suggests that we are our brother’s keeper and that we should live only on what we need to exist, not what we want, as long as there are hungry people in the world. Analyze his article and tell me what you agree with and what you don’t. Is a cure for poverty your responsibility, the non-profits in the area, the local government, the national government, or no one’s?
- Consider the religion you were born into or practice now. Is there some moral rule you can think of that depends entirely on that religion for its validity? For example, would you make a pro-life or pro-choice rule a moral rule for everyone to follow? Why or why not?
Read Week four Reading and Answer one of the following(350-500 Words):
Answer one of the following:
- Discuss the Principle of Utility. Is happiness a sufficient criterion for moral worth? If it isn’t, can you name a better or more appropriate criterion?
- Immigration has been and continues to be a controversial issue in the U.S., as well as in other countries. Large numbers of refugees have fled from war, persecution, oppression, famine, and drought. What should be the criteria, for the U.S., on Immigration? How would you fashion U.S. policy on Immigration? What factors should be taken into account? And what should be done, regarding the millions of illegal aliens in the U.S.?
- Consider the charge that Utilitarianism is too “backwards looking.” Another way to put this might be that it sounds too much like “the ends justify the means.” Do you find the theory susceptible to this criticism? Why or why not?
- Using the Utilitarian approach, should the drinking age in the US be lowered to 18? Why? Why not?
- A SCENARIO OF UTILITARIANISM: ADRIFT!
- Imagine a lifeboat adrift at sea.
- In it are
- a physician
- a police officer, accused of corruption, who’s been suspended from the police force,
- a young mother and her nursing infant
- an unemployed carpenter who volunteers twice a week at the local homeless shelter
- a teenager who performs on stage with a band
- a retired kindergarten teacher
- and you.
- Also in the boat are food and water, but not enough to last long–and the castaways do not know how long (if ever) before they’ll find land or be rescued.
- The longer they wait, the less food and water they will have left, and the weaker they become. What should they do? What would YOU do?
- This discussion is devoted to Utilitarianism–the Lifeboat Scenario is an example to make the ideas of the theory more real. Be sure to use Utilitarian concepts in your discussion, regardless of whether you find them appealing. Be on the lookout for Utilitarian ideas and principles, identify them when they pop up, and offer an assessment of how well Utilitarian thinking helps you with this “lifeboat problem.”
CJ345-3: Analyze behavioral theory as it relates to the supervision of criminal justice entities.
GEL-1.1: Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English.
Write a 2–4-page paper (excluding cover page) responding to the following:
** The Case Study is taken from Chapter 10 in the textbook **
Read the case study on pages 357-359 in Effective Police Supervision and assess the sound operational decisions made by the sergeant.
Consider the following questions:
- Did Sergeant Jones make a sound operational decision?
- What mistakes were made at the beginning?
- How can future situations like this be prevented?
- Who is at fault?
- What sound operational decision should the sergeant now make to resolve the situation?
(PLEASE NOTE: This essay may require outside research)
You may consult the Online Library, the Internet, the textbook, other course material, and any other outside resources in supporting your task, using proper citations in APA style.
Case Study: Andrew Kehoe
For this week’s case study, please conduct outside research on mass murderer Andrew Kehoe then respond to the following questions in a 1-page paper:
- Do you think Kehoe’s prior life experiences contributed to this crime?
- Do you agree with Kehoe’s final statement, Criminals are made, not born?
- Do you think this incident could have been avoided if Kehoe had not been experiencing financial difficulties?
It is our mission to promote academic success by providing students with superior research and writing, produced by exceptional writers and editors.
Our academic writers have all levels of degrees so that we can accommodate all academic levels. If you are a high school student, you will receive a personally assigned writer with at least a Bachelor’s degree in the subject field.
For any questions, feedback, or comments, we have an ethical customer support team that is always waiting on the line for your inquiries.
Call us: +1 (857)-330-4622