Web site design plays an important role when creating successful integrated marketing communication programs. This week you will have the opportunity to examine a case related to design strategy.
• Read the “Procter & Gamble’s New Web Strategy” case study (pages 130-131).
1. One of the things P&G already knows about online shoppers is
that they expect brand Web sites like Pampers.com to offer the
most information anywhere about a product line, including all
its size, packaging, and product options. Do you think online
outlets like P&G’s eStore can convert more shoppers’ needs for
information like this into Internet sales? What other purposes
can a pilot Web site like the eStore serve for retailers?
2. Do you think personalization, customization, or behavioral tar-
getting can help Web sites like the eStore to succeed? What sort
of personal information would you be willing to share online to improve a retailer’s ability to meet your needs.
In addition, after watching the video, E-business at Evo, answer the following:
3. Aside from offering good prices, how does evogear.com offer value to the consumer?
4. Evo founder Bryce Phillips says that e-commerce is yet in its infancy and has not attained its fullest marketing potential. What is Phillips’ vision for improving e-commerce? Do you agree with his perspective? Explain.
5. What challenges does Evo have in operating its Web-based business?
6. Perform outside research on all individual work.
Your assignment should be at least 2 pages in length.