Discussion: The Purpose of Theory
- Choose one of the following theories to address. Routine activity
- Deviant place
- Victim participation
By Day 3
Post a response to the following:
- Which victimization theory best explains the primary reason for victimization in the city, state, or nation in which you live? Why?
- How can you apply concepts from this theory to protect yourself from being victimized?
- How can law enforcement application of these theories assist with the decrease of violent victimization?
References MUST come from:
- The attached article- Jones, J.R. (2017). Explaining Victimization. In Primary theories of crime and victimization (2nd ed.) (pp.216-238). Bloomington, IN: Xlibris
- Karmen, A. (2020). Crime victims: An introduction to victimology (10th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
Chapter 2, “The Rediscovery of Crime Victims” (pp. 41–79)
- And 1 other reference of your choice