Read “Case 6: Fixer Upper: Expanding the Magnolia Brand” in your Connect textbook.
Evaluate Magnolia Brands’ sustainable competitive advantage by analyzing the case study and answering the following questions in 350 to 525 words:
- How will the components of the external environment impact Magnolia Brands’ ability to realize their vision?
- Who are Magnolia Brands’ major competitors?
- What other factors are affecting the growth of Magnolia Brands?
- What internal factors must be considered for Magnolia Brands to achieve its vision and mission?
- What are some of Magnolia Brands’ strengths and weaknesses?
- How does the new show represent an opportunity in the home remodeling industry?
- What challenges or threats might Magnolia Brand face?
- What measurements can be used to determine if the new show is successful?
- What is the feasibility of the ability of Magnolia Brands to continue to be successful? Why?
Read “Case 12: Chipotle Mexican Grill’s Strategy in 2018: Will the New CEO Be Able to Rebuild Customer Trust and Revive Sales Growth?” in your Connect textbook.
Write a 350- to 700-word response that addresses the following questions:
- What factors contributed to the loss of confidence in the Chipotle brand?
- Do the actions taken to date present a strategy that would improve consumer trust? Why or why not?
- Consider Chipotle’s competitors. How does Chipotle’s internal environment compare to the internal environment of one of Chipotle’s competitors? Based on this analysis, what is the probability that the strategic moves implemented by Chipotle would lead to a sustainable competitive advantage? Explain.
- What additional recommendations would you make for Chipotle to gain consumer trust and reclaim a leadership role in the fast food industry? Provide justification for your response.
- Based on the information presented in this case study, what kind of business strategy would you suggest to help Chipotle achieve a competitive advantage?